The improvements made in the cloud during this modern day have changed the way Warehouse Management Systems operate. Floor employees and middle managers are no longer the only people dealing with the WMS. These management systems have become a key asset to higher ups looking to predict demand, monitor their finances, and make sure their supply chain is working smoothly.
All old school warehouse management systems did basically the same thing: track inventory. However, with the new web based systems, you can change this supply change data into useful statistics that can help your business.
Below are reasons why you should consider changing your legacy WMS.
1. Your System Can No Longer Keep Up With your Business Needs
Many companies that are using warehouse management systems that have been in place for years are starting to fall behind. These systems are not up to date enough to keep up with the needs of a modern day business. Here are a few questions to ask yourself to determine whether or not you need to change your WMS:
- Will upgrading your current system cost you too much money?
- Is your WMS equipped to deal with the constantly changing needs of your business and your customers?
- Have you been dealing with problems associated with your current warehouse management system?
- Does your current system comply with all of the government regulations you may face?
If you find that you are coming up with the wrong answers to these questions, it may be time to change the WMS you are using.
2. Your Current WMS is Complicated to Use
If your warehouse management system requires a lot of training to use, it probably is not right for your company. The greatest thing about the new age systems are how easy they are to use. Being able to have all of your employees know exactly how to operate your system with ease can lead to advances in your business.
Systems like SphereWMS provide you with the functionality you are looking for, such as the following important features:
- SphereWMS can have their system up and running within 24 hours.
- We reduce training and business interruptions.
- We improve communication between clients and customers making business transactions easier.
- We provide a constantly staffed help desk to make sure that any problem you may face is quickly and correctly dealt with.
3. Your WMS Doesn’t Talk
The best part about modern day apps is how well they can communicate with you and with each other. This is a new era of technology that can greatly benefit your business. Due to this, you need to be sure that your WMS is up to speed with the technology of the day. If your WMS can communicate with your shipping department and your payroll department, things will run a lot smoother.
One of the best benefits of this app communication is how much easier it makes business operations. Utilizing systems that talk to each other will not only save you time, but will save you money as well.